LC APDS-9960 light environment and gestures detection module, it provided I2C interface compatible environment brightness sensor (ALS), digital RGB, infrared LED with proximity and gesture sensing sensor. RGB and ambient light sensor function can accurately detect the intensity of light in a variety of light conditions, close to the detection under the condition of different illumination can be worked well, gesture sensing sensor can identify direction of hand. The module with Micro lens provide efficient transmitting and receiving infrared energy .It make the device in low average power consumption.
2. The function and characteristics
● Keenly sensing of the ambient light and RGB three- color
● Wish close to the detection function
● Gesture sensing sensor induction action of “Up, Down, Left,Right”
● Close to detect the effective distance is 100-200mm
● Module working voltage of 3.3 V
● The I2C interface communication protocol
3. Introduced the hardware and instructions
● The board size: 15.5 * 20.5 mm
● The board function description:
Provide the Arduino test procedures;
VCC, GND: 3.3 V power input;
SDA,SCL: I2C data transmission pin;
INT: interrupt pin;
VL: internal infrared LED power supply, when use close to the detection and gestures detection should be 3.3 V or stick a zero Ohm resistor in R4 place ,or short circuit with two welding plate in the PS place.